Sunday, February 8, 2009

Strangers to best friends...(Part-1)

Late 2001...

This was the time when I had come home from college during vacations...
I was getting bored at home and wanted to check my mails wanted to go out to meet friends.... I went to a friend's place and together we went to a cyber cafe to check my mails (I dint have an Internet connection at home at that time). I logged in to my yahoo account and was checking my mails and looking for any online friends on the messenger...

Suddenly, I saw a friend request pop up. I was surprised as I was in invisible mode. The person on the other side wrote a simple "Hi!” I asked him who he was. He told me his name. A name that was not familiar to me. I enquired him how he knew me. He said that he does not remember how my id was added in his messenger (This later got cleared)....

He then asked me my name and my location. I was not in a mood to talk to an unknown person. Therefore, I told him "I don't talk to strangers"! After a few seconds, his reply flashed on my messenger screen: "Even your best friend was a stranger initially". The reply left me amazed. I don’t know why, but I started chatting with him. We chatted for about an hour about everything and anything under the roof. We shared the same likes and dislikes (Eating Parle-G biscuits dipped in milk was one of them). As I was about to leave he asked me my phone number. I was apprehensive (cyber security and all) but nevertheless typed my landline no. (I dint have a mobile at that time). I don’t know what in my head made me do that.

I went home and got busy with my parents. After dinner, I went back to my room to retire for the night. As I was about to lie down, I heard my landline ringing. I picked up the phone before anyone could. ( Hey, I totally forgot that I had given this time for him to call).

No comments:

Post a Comment