Saturday, March 21, 2009

Strangers to Best Friends (Part -2)

Continued from the blog Strangers to Best Friends (Part -1)

The voice on the other side seemed a lil quirky. He wanted to make sure that the no he called was mine and not of some police station. Thanks to my phone no which is so simple and has a similarity to the emergency nos. When it was confirmed that he was speaking to me and not to some police officer, we started to talk. And talk like there is not going to be any other day coming…. We talked for a long time or shall I say hours…

Earlier I used to feel weird when some of my friend used to talk for hours on the phone. I used to wonder what is it that keeps u babble for hours without getting tired or short or words or topics to converse. Now it was my turn to come in the same league and behave in the same whimsical manner.

Our talks that night just let me believe that the person on the other side was not a stranger anymore. I liked the ease with which talked to me, it was as if we’ve been friends for ages. The funny one-liners and uncanny talks made me enjoy the conversation.

After that night we kept in touch online and kept calling each other once in a while. I would not say that it was love at the first sight (In our case the first chat or the first talk on the phone) but it took countless chats, talks and meetings to eventually fall in love.

Now even after so many years, I still remember what he had said to me in his first chat:

“Even your best friend was a stranger initially!”

No comments:

Post a Comment